Different By Design
In addition to our full-time staff at Atlanta HQ and regular presence in New York City, we retain a deep network of consultants, researchers, designers, engineers, developers, and analysts. Our extended team includes some of the most talented people in the industry, and when needed, we bring them in to get your project done right the first time.
“The value they bring to a project is immeasurable. A very professional group, that is always focused on asking the right question, digging into the core of the problem, and coming up with excellent strategic solutions.”
Matt Malament – City of Atlanta
“It can be difficult for a small startup team to put together a cohesive strategy. We brought Nine Labs in for a project that had a big impact on our company. The team was great to work with—efficient, communicative, and invested in our success.”
Everett Steele - CEO, Kanga
Founder and President
Passionate about efficient, usable, beautiful design, and using design to achieve business goals.
J has been making websites and software since 1996. He leads our team of strategy, design, and technology professionals and has built a reputation for quickly understanding complex problems and leading teams to a creative solution.
He’s been a private consultant to numerous other enterprises and organizations and has spoken at events across the country on topics from software development methodologies to the psychology of customer experience.
- Started his first company in high school and sold it 4 years later.
- Instrumental in growing CoffeeCup – where he led operations, design, and development of over 60 web and desktop applications – from startup to over 500MM users before a private equity acquisition in 2006
- Co-founded Bluedomino Web Hosting in 2000 and grew it to over 25,000 accounts in 24 months before being acquired by Endurance International in 2002.
- Founder & President of the Atlanta Web Design Group, a 3000+ member association of web designers, developers, and marketers
- Served 3 years as a mentor at Georgia Tech’s ATDC
- Lectures for UGA’s Masters of Internet Technology program
UX Design & Illustration
Brand & Market Strategy
UX Design, Research & Analysis
Content & Marketing Strategy
Design & Development
Marketing Data & Automation
Front-End Design & Development
Development & Engineering
Design & Visualization
UX & UI Design